[linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] hel p for a levelmeter]

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Oct 28 12:40:00 UTC 2002

>  that's ok, I don't think everything has to be understandable by a newbie,
>it's not the wording of what's there that is a problem, it's the missing
>information that's a problem (I just sent an update about what functionality
>I have found missing in sb live, I guess more of that should be available
>(for other cards) as well).

just as a sort-of aside, i would note that a discussion on the
vst-plugins list right now points out that the windows creative
drivers for the audigy *do not* work in ASIO mode with ACPI turned
on. to make them work, its necessary to "install the drivers in
standard mode", whatever that means.

this information is not available on the creative web site. ALSA is
not alone in this type of failure to document missing or incorrect
functionality, and our existence as an open community makes it more
likely that, with the correct documentation infrastructure, we can
ensure that it gets added in a timely way.

--p