[linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Tom stillone at snowcrest.net
Mon Oct 28 12:54:00 UTC 2002

> >Thats something that worried me, I seem to remeber that the sound of a
> >guitar changes if its not impedance matched with the AD converter. I'm
> >pretty sure, mine doesn't match passive guitars. My bass is active though,
> >and I dont have any DI boxes, so no choice anyway.
>

> likewise here.

The input impedance of a mixer is way too low for a guitar (10K vs. 1M
ohm for a guitar amp iirc).  The resulting sound is dull when compared
with using a direct box.

anyone knows a suitable AD box that can
> team up with coaxial digital in?

I vaguely remember reading about some inexpensive a/d boxes that have
built in mic pre's and a switch for high impedance instruments, but I
don't remember their names.  I use an active direct box.

Tom