[linux-audio-dev] Interesting USB MIDI master keyboards, do the work with Linux ?

Benno Senoner sbenno at gardena.net
Thu Oct 31 20:16:01 UTC 2002

Perhaps old news but I saw these interesting USB MIDI master keyboards

http://www.harmony-central.com/Newp/2002/PCR-30-PCR-50.html

I'm considering getting one so my questions are:

- What's the status of USB MIDI on Linux ? Are such kind of keyboards fully
supported ? (eg transmit all the params as midi events or use special USB
message)

- what kind of Note-on MIDI latency do these keyboards have ?
(standard midi keyboards 1.1msec)

thanks,
Benno

---
http://linuxsampler.sourceforge.net
Building a professional grade software sampler for Linux.
Please help us designing and developing it.