[linux-audio-dev] Comments on Boulanger's Csound book?

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Mon Sep 30 10:53:00 UTC 2002

Frank Neumann wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> just a short question to those who already have Richard Boulanger's "The
> Csound Book". I was going to order one soon, what is your
> impression/opinion on it? I understand that a certain degree of
> knowledge about synthesis/computer music is required in order it to make
> sense to the reader (I hope I have that), but if that is fulfilled, can
> you recommend this book? Or what are its weak spots in your opinion?
>
> Thanks,
> Frank (expecting at least one answer from bright.net ;-)

i have it, and i think it's very good. i had planned to dedicate last
year's summer vacation to learning csound in some depth, but as things
go, my plans were disrupted, and i have since lost interest.
would you like to buy mine ? it's almost unused and comes with 2 cds.
write in private if you want it.

regards,

jörn

--