[linux-audio-dev] Bye list...

Jeff Welty weltyj at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 12 09:41:01 UTC 2003

Nick,

I do hope you will reconsider -- I occasionally post to this list,
and lurk *a lot*.  I don't consider myself an audio guru -- I'm
definitely *way* outclassed here when it comes to low-latency, kernel
specific knowledge.  Never the less, I wrote gnome wave cleaner, and it
got significantly better with just a few tips that the gurus here gave me.

As for the GPL, yes, it's possible for someone to re-release your code
with changes.  But I'll bet it's not likely.  Most people are more
interested in trying to help you out, and will send you patches for
bugfixes, or will send you a new feature.  The most likely time that
someone would take "ownership", of a modified version of your package,
is if you stopped supporting it.

The way I look at it, I have benefited from so much free software, that
it's been a source of personal satisfaction to be able to "give back".
This is clearly a case where the whole is greater than the sum of the
parts, and I really urge you to hang in there with us, if nothing else,
for the fun of it :-)

Jeff Welty