[linux-audio-dev] Should the list be members-only?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Aug 14 03:29:00 UTC 2003

Hi folks, your friendly temporary list-admin here.
(Joern's on vacation and I'm filling in.)

We seem to be getting quite a lot of spam lately.
Currently the list is "open" - non-members can post.

I'd like to take an informal poll:

  Should the LAD list remain totally open, or should
  non-member postings require moderator approval?

I should point out that the LAU list requires approval
for non-member postings, and it seems to be no problem
in my very-limited experience managing the lists:
I check the pending-approval queue at least once a day, find
nothing but spam, and throw it away. Approving a legit non-member
posting would be trivially easy.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com