[OT] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux 2.6 not a latency panacea?

Robert Jonsson robert.jonsson at dataductus.se
Mon Aug 18 16:51:01 UTC 2003

Friday 15 August 2003 21:14 skrev Ingo Oeser:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 05:02:21PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> [kernel scheduler tunables]
>
> > i guess it would be relatively easy to replace the above with
> > variables controlled via sysctl.
>
> It is. There is even a patch for that. Google for kernel
> scheduler tunables patch.

Hi,

I think this was a reply to my query about selectable schedulers.

Though cool to change these things in realtime, tuning wasn't exactly what I
was after.

I was under the impression that there was now several different
task-schedulers in the kernel (the O(1) scheduler being one), but I'm
guessing by the answers that this was not correct.

/Robert