[linux-audio-dev] softsynth SDK?

nikodimka nikodimka at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 14 14:17:01 UTC 2003

Hi, LADs!

I have a couple of algorithms I would like to turn
into a softsynth.
I want the synth to be alsaseq->synth->jack .
And I want it to have a couple of GUI knobs.

So I wonder if there anything resembling
the vst sdk (at least ladspa sdk) to start with?

Or (assuming there's no such sdk existing,
and noting that XAP aka GMPI still to far from here)
which of the synths have the "clearest" architecture.
So I could just productively GPLize the
infrastructure code at the beginning.

I would really like to escape dealing with basic functionality
which has been implemented tens of times in the existing
softsynths, but want to concentrate on the algorithms themselves.

nikodimka.