[linux-audio-dev] softsynth SDK?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Aug 14 15:06:00 UTC 2003

Hallo,
nikodimka hat gesagt: // nikodimka wrote:

> I have a couple of algorithms I would like to turn
> into a softsynth.
> I want the synth to be alsaseq->synth->jack .
> And I want it to have a couple of GUI knobs.
> I would really like to escape dealing with basic functionality
> which has been implemented tens of times in the existing
> softsynths, but want to concentrate on the algorithms themselves.

Well, why not extend some of the existing softsynths? That's what I
do: Because I'm too lazy to write gui code I write Pd externals. The
GUI part can be quickly done inside Pd (and every other user could do
their own). jMax or SSM also come to mind and of course it is also
possible to directly write a LADSPA plugin and load that in one of
those softsynths.

ciao