[linux-audio-dev] RFC to developers: JACK transport BETA

Kai Vehmanen kai.vehmanen at wakkanet.fi
Thu Aug 14 14:33:00 UTC 2003

Hello,

we are finally getting close to reaching the original goals set for JACK.
The last big step has been the transport interface (to refresh your
memory, take a look at the initial JACK/LAAGA use-scenario [1]).

Thanks to Jack O'Quin's recent efforts, JACK now finally has a transport
interface (and implementation) that fulfills all the requirements, and
one that makes it possible to realize the example case [1].

Now at this point we'd _really_ appreaciate your input. If you are short
of time, at least take a look at our requirements list at the start of
the design doc:

        http://www.joq.us/jack/refman/transport-design.html

The big questions are:

1. Is this API sufficient for your application? If not what is
   missing and/or wrong?

2. Do you plan to add support for JACK transport to your app? If not,
   what is the main reason not to (no interest, not useful for
   your app, you prefer other solutions, etc)?

In addition, comments regarding interface and implementation details are
also welcome.

[1] http://www.eca.cx/laaga