[linux-audio-dev] Sharing Music

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Tue Dec 9 05:56:34 UTC 2003

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 12:27 pm, Hans Fugal wrote:
> As in, how do I share my own? What licenses or other scheme do you all
> use for music that you create and would like to be widely distributed,
> with or without any other restrictions. What considerations do you take
> into account?

Personally, I would be inclined to use the 3rd Creative Commons
license. Various choices at http://creativecommons.org/license/

Another angle I am interested in is to use the GPL to release
some music and all it's "source code" so that if others wanted
to reuse my stuff then they _have_ to also have to make their
changes publically available... ie; I'd like to also "share"
the creative process as well as the end results.

> disclaimer: I don't have any cool music to release (yet), although I have a
> few almost-cool works for the extremely curious...

Yep, very intested in any linux/open music... got a URL ?

--markc