[linux-audio-dev] swh-plugins, freqtweak, fftw3 and the planet

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat Dec 20 21:13:14 UTC 2003

> i was trying to install swh-plugins and freqtweak on my new laptop and
> ran into some problems with the planet's rpms.

Using apt? Weird...

> they seem to depend on
> a feature "libfftw3f.so.3" that isn't being supplied by any other
> package. i have fftw3 installed, and it gave me the file
> /usr/lib/libfftw3.so.3, but not the "f" version.

Hmmm, the Planet CCRMA package? Probably not... do an rpm -q fftw3 and
post the result. Or rpm -q -i fft3 to see a bit more about the package's
origin.

> the same problem
> exists for the planet's freqtweak package.

Freqtweak wants:
  $ rpm -q --requires freqtweak|grep fft
  libfftw3f.so.3

And that is provided by:
  [nandol at cmn13 nandol]$ rpm -q --whatprovides libfftw3f.so.3
  fftw3-3.0.1-1.rhfc1.ccrma

(or the equivalent rh90|rh80|rh73 package).
Could you send me the output of "apt-get install freqtweak"? It should
download and install the proper package. Unless the fftw3 package you
have has a "higher" version number and then I would recommend force
erasing it and reinstalling from the Planet CCRMA repository only
(unless that breaks something - welcome to the multiple packagers for
the same package hell :-).

-- Fernando