[linux-audio-dev] Question regarding Usb-midi and Midisport 2x2

Ivica Bukvic ico at fuse.net
Mon Feb 3 22:34:00 UTC 2003

Hi all, a small question regarding getting this thing to work. I'd
appreciate any help I can get.

I am running MDK 9.0 and am trying to get Midisport 2x2 to hotplug. The
problem is that if I use the ezusbmidi script (obviously coupled with
the right firmware and hotplug stuff) the /var/log/messages definitely
notes its successful recognition of the device and announces the last
line echo that the firmware has been installed onto the device
/proc/bus/usb/002/021 (or whatever number it gets assigned), yet the
midisport remains dead.

I understand that the ezusbmidi script uses fxload to upload the
firmware, but according to the syntax of the ezusbmidi script it sends
the command in the following format:

Fxload -I /path/to/firmware

But this is not sufficient when you try just fxload by itself, it
complains that it is missing the destination device (-D flag).

So subsequently I am guessing that this is the stepping stone but then
how is everyone else getting this thing to work.

OTOH, when I try ezusb2131 it works flawlessly (manually) but there is
no automation script for it, so I know that everything loads properly,
it is just that my fxload for some reason is not working properly.

I tested my midi after using ezusb2131 and it does work (/dev/midi1).

Now, I hacked the script for the ezusbmidi and it does hotplug, but it
is an ugly hack and I am wondering what is wrong with this picture?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Ivica Ico Bukvic