[linux-audio-dev] newest audio server for Linux (yep, yet another)

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Feb 4 07:10:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 06:22:26 -0500, Ivica Bukvic wrote:
> Kidding aside, this may prove to be so ubiquitous that it will quickly
> overshadow all other implementations. It's the MAS audio server that is
> going to be implemented into the X server itself and will be
> network-transparent.

I spoke with some of the people from MAS at the last LinuxTag, and I think
some other people on this list hade spoken to them too.

MAS itsself its not suitable for RT audio*, but I suggested that we might
want some MAS<->JACK interfaces for network transparent audio, and left a
bussiness card, they seemed enthusiastic, but I never heard back from the
MAS guys.

No sync, no latency control, no contrained audio format.

- Steve