[linux-audio-dev] newest audio server for Linux (yep, yet another)

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Tue Feb 4 13:03:01 UTC 2003

<SNIP>

> I'm the lead developer on the MAS project.  Thanks for checking it out!

<SNIP>

> We're coming at the audio (and time) problem from a different direction.
> Our goal is to serve the users who want audio to follow their remote X
> session and who want to make more than one sound at the same time, and to
> do it in a way that's higher quality, lower latency, and easier than what
> was possible before.  And somehow, to do it such that the basic
> architecture, without all the "other stuff(TM)", can support high-end and
> pro applications.

<SNIP>

Mike,
   Thanks for stopping by.

   MAS looks exciting. I have to interface every day with engineers in
India. We need the ability to run applications remotely and share our work.
I look forward to seeing MAS help us out in that area. Currently we seem to
be most limited by Linux browsers not working with software developed to do
this on Windows, but things are getting better, and really integrated sound
and video in X would probably help. I hope to hear that over the next year
MAS will be part of that solution.

Cheers,
Mark