[linux-audio-dev] PTAF link and comments

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Feb 6 05:32:00 UTC 2003

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 08:21:06 +0100, David Olofson wrote:
> Yeah, that's basically where I'm getting. I don't really like it,
> considering what it does to plugin code, but it's not *that* bad, and
> it makes life a lot easier. The cost of having hosts do it would be
> *much* higher, and you'd basically have to do it all the time, I
> think.

OTOH the plugin /should/ be resposible for ensuring that its outputs dont
go outside the specifed ranges.

Remeber that, i they are allowed at all, hard ranges should be rare. There
seems to be a siuggestion in the PTAF document that host may have to be
responsibe for killing denormal numbers anyway, so they will have to snoop
controls in that case.

- Steve