[linux-audio-dev] why is no-one responding are you all just a bunch of &*^%&^%^& wits???]

Allan Klinbail allank at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Feb 12 09:59:01 UTC 2003

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: Son of Zev <sonofzev at labyrinth.net.au>
To: linux-audio-dev at music.columbia.edu
Cc: Alsa-dev <

Thanks Vincent.

Your reply is appreciated.

However I have been involved in the ardour lists for over 2 years. I
have spent much time reading about potential problems and responded to
all those that have had the courtesy to respond. I have also learnt and
spent much time investigating problems that have nothing to do with the
production of music.. simply to try and help developers iron out
problems.. Credit goes to some who have especially Takashi Iwai, Robert
Jonsson, Tommi Ilmonen and a few others.

If you look back into archives a couple of years back alot of
development into inclusion of MIDI sync was added to some softwares
(especially MusE) to accomodate users like myself who depend on this
sync to make software compatible with real studios.

BUT. In the last few weeks I have spent much time into trying to
configure and compile ardour (the potentially greatest audio recording
software available to us) but all my responses after I sent an opinion
to the string "ahem" concerning Steinberg having produced (but not
released) versions of their commercial softwares under our much loved
platform, have been completely ignored.. except this one..

My responses have not been ignorant nor lacking in information. As I
mentioned I have spent much time learning about the Linux platform and
contributing when I can ...

My annoyance is when it was asked of me to provdie more information and
I did .. no response came.. then when I tried to resolve it myself and
no further response came that's when I could only put 2 & 2 together and
see that a response I made to the string "ahem" could have been related

cheers

Allan