[linux-audio-dev] (fwd) Unified Audio Plugin Architecture (Meeting)

Sebastien Metrot meeloo at noos.fr
Thu Jan 9 06:56:01 UTC 2003

Commercial Software vendor tend to look for pratical solutions for the
problems at hand (even if sometimes it makes them really overlook some
technical and political point). I would be astonished to see Steinberg
Emagic Digidesign Cakewalk and the others agree on a solution that doesn't
solves this issue. Of course the technical problems posed by the way XWindow
handles it event loop could very well get linux lagging behind which is a
pitty IMHO. Is there anybody here that can touch the XWindow/XFree people
and start to look at the problem? I'm surprised the Gimp people haven't
encoutered this problem already.

Sebastien