[linux-audio-dev] Networking Linux audio folks

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Fri Jan 10 07:33:01 UTC 2003

 >I think they should probably be treated as 2 separate databases from
 >the viewers standpoint (even though the data would be stored in the
 >same one, there would be 2 links). "Linux audio technician database"
 >sounds good for the job related side of things "Find a Linux audio
 >technician near you, today!" :)
 >Perhaps "Linux audio community database" for the "network the Linux
 >audio folks" side of things.

Well I have changed the name. Now it is "Linux audio professional
support & contacts database". I would prefer to keep it as one page just
to make things easier for me to manage. While I would love for this site
to become extreemely popular and require serious commitment I am
pragmatic that this probably won't happen in the next couple of years.
Splitting the page up at this point seems like more work than neccessary.

 >He he.. The Linux audio dating service :) I wonder how many Linux audio
 >gals are out there.. Maybe if they saw some of our pictures we'd have
 >some converts.. or maybe not. I think it would be nice to have a way to
 >put a photo, but perhaps this could also just be a link someone could
 >put in the specifics field

I'm working on adding these things now.

 >(BTW, would it be more appropriate to make
 >that a text field rather than multiple lines?).

I thought about that but I decided multiple lines provides more scope
for presentation purposes. I expect people to eventually treat it
similar to an email signature.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No!
We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything
I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002
The Scotsman