[linux-audio-dev] Additional LADSPA hints

janne halttunen jhalttun at pp.htv.fi
Thu Jan 16 07:49:00 UTC 2003

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:13:35 +0000
Steve Harris <S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> AUDIO_RATE_CONTROL. Hints than an audio control should/could be controlled
> by a high time res. slider or control data, but shouldn't be connected to
> the next audio signal by default. I can't think of any simple examples off
> hand, but combined with MOMENTARY it could be used for sample accurate
> tempo tapping.
>
> My comments: I really like MOMENTARY and RANDOMISABLE. AUDIO_RATE_CONTROL
> could be useful, but might be painful for hosts to implement. I dont have
> any particular use for it right now.

Not to mention that AUDIO_RATE_CONTROL would completely useless in JACK?
You'd have a buffer-full of samples and apply frequency shift to them, which would change the length of that buffer, which you couldn't give to JACK unless you do some rebuffering.

Correct me if I'm wrong.  We have similar issue with ecasound's Pitch Shifter operator in connection with JACK.

janne