[linux-audio-dev] Additional LADSPA hints

Alexander Ehlert alexander.ehlert at uni-tuebingen.de
Sat Jan 25 09:29:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 10:23:37PM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
> That sounds useful, but its a seperate issue. I cant think of a way of
> generalising it... maybe OPTIONAL? i.e. this plugin will still do
> something useful if this port isn't connected.

I just might be a bit late giving my 2cents to this discussion, but I
rather read this list on a non regular basis, too much to do at
university... Anyway, why a introduce a ladspa hint for such specific
features. Anyway the Sidechain port has a label called "Sidechain", so every
host wanting to provide special support for the label can just check for
it and use it. In GLAME you can just build up a custom network
integrating whatever effects and connecting them how you like. And than
just save it and use it as new effect.

Cheers, Alex