[linux-audio-dev] MMA memebership [was XAP: Some thoughts on control ramping]

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jan 23 09:20:01 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 08:49:28 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> JACK is no better, and arguably less complete, than AudioUnits,
> although its true that AU requires an in-process model.

And AU does allow complex audio i/o data representation (eg. a pair of
interleaved stereo float streams in + a mono out), which I think is a
serious mistake.

It's not a problem from the point of view of plugin developers, but it
increases system complexity and messes up the design. My suspcicion that
that it makes things less efficient overall too, but I can't prove that.

- Steve