[linux-audio-dev] Linux Audio Hardware Selection

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Jan 24 13:34:00 UTC 2003

> >(btw, why jackd doesn't read /etc/jackrc or ~/.jackrc ?)
>
> because that means we have a config file, which means we need a config
> file parser, which means we need to replicate a bunch of code or link
> against another library. if jackd was a commonly executed command for
> users, i could justify that. as it is, i can't.

I would support adding another library. I think both system and user
configuration files add a lot to the usability department.

BTW, the standalone non-jackd libjack sounds like a very good idea!
-- Fernando