[linux-audio-dev] Linux Audio Hardware Selection

Jack O'Quin joq at io.com
Fri Jan 24 14:42:01 UTC 2003

Steve Harris <S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk> writes:
> What about having a simple config file that is just a set of default
> options, eg. /root/.jackrc:
> -R -d alsa -d Hammerfall -r 44100 -p 256
>
> Then this can be chopped up and prepended to argv[] before being thrown at
> the argv parser.
>
> It doesn't work as well as it might because of the -d thing (so you cant
> override the driver easily), but you can still override the rate, number
> of periods etc.

Why not just distribute an /etc/init.d/jackd script?  It would be
useful, and such a script can easily read config files with no extra
library dependencies in JACK.
--
  Jack O'Quin
  Austin, Texas, USA

BTW, like everyone else, I like Takashi and Paul's idea of running the
JACK engine in-process if libjack finds that no daemon is running.