[linux-audio-dev] amp simulator

Jaakko Prättälä Jaakko.Prattala at Helsinki.FI
Fri Jan 24 14:27:00 UTC 2003

On Friday 24 January 2003 05:06, Vishal wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I happen to be both a linux programmer and a guitar freak. Off late
> the guitar industry has seen these amp simulators some into being: line6
> POD, Vamp and the likes... i was wondering whether i could build my own
> such amp simulator. Could anyone out here suggest me how i can do
> this...i mean how do i model amps...the algorithms...any info??
>  thanks in advance.
> regards,
> vishal

If you have access to ICMC papers somewhere, here's a reference:
Kai Lassfolk 1996. Simulation of electron tube audio circuits. PROCEEDINGS OF
THE INTERNATIONAL COMPUTER MUSIC CONFERENCE 1996,
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, China.

IIRC, he used SPKit's waveshaper for the job.
http://www.music.helsinki.fi/research/spkit