[linux-audio-dev] Route Stantons Final Scratch to internal sound cards?

Vincent Touquet vincent.touquet at pandora.be
Sun Jan 26 19:07:00 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 12:04:40AM +0100, Pieter Palmers wrote:
(cut)
>What I think could be possible is using (writing a driver for) the
>scratchamp with OSS or ALSA drivers, as they seem to be USB soundcards
>by creative. Those will have standard chipsets.
>But that wasn't the question I guess...
(cut)
I think it should be possible to reverse engineer
the system once you have the dubplates and work out their
timecode.

(cut)
>BTW: how is it possible that the scratchamp module works on a kernel
>version other that the one it was built on? According to the link above,
>the Final Scratch distro is a 2.4.18, but it should  work with any
>kernel > 2.4.17. I always thought that new kernel = recompile modules?
>or is this what they mean by 'versionned kernel'? Might be a stupid
>question, but I'm not that much of a linux expert.
(cut)
I think you have to disable explicit versioning in the kernel.
That, or the module can say it can be run on any kernel > 2.4.17,
I'm no kernel module expert either :)