[linux-audio-dev] Simple reverbs

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Tue Jan 28 04:27:01 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 28 January 2003 09.49, David Olofson wrote:
[...]
> With 16 delays and exponential or exponential +/- Golomb ruler, it
> sounds great for "normal" sounds, but has some problems with
> transients; it's not dense enough. However, with these uneven delay
> time distributions, it doesn't sound metallic at all. It rather
> turns the transients into some sort of "noise" (sounds like random
> granular synthesis, basically), that soon becomes this "shhhh" most
> of us desire.

Waitaminnit! A bunch of comb filters in parallel shouldn't be able to
do that, should they? I mean, the density explodes over time, but
with pure comb filters, it should remain relatively constant, right?

Am I missing something, or do I have bonus feedback in my comb
filters? :-)

(I'll check later, but I need to work for money now. *urgh*)