[linux-audio-dev] Simple reverbs

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 28 09:14:00 UTC 2003

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 09:49:23 +0100, David Olofson wrote:
> Thoughts? Any ideas for useful cross feedback configurations?

One of the waveguide papers gives the maths to use for stable feedback
matrix values, its pretty obvious from what I remember, just make |A| =
1.0. Adding an allpass at the junctions will make it sound smoother.

I have a perl script that can create arbitrary matrixes + filters + delay
lines from a description of the surface network, which is how I built the
gong and plate reverb models. Interesting surface shapes (eg. bow tie) can
produce interesting (and quite predictable) sonic results.

You have to be careful because some of this stuff is covered by the
Karplus/Stanford/Yamaha patents. IIRC non commercial use is allowed.

- Steve