[linux-audio-dev] calling all planet ccrma users ...

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Jul 22 19:53:01 UTC 2003

>Don't run up2date, just use apt. There should be a full set of updates
>for redhat in the apt index on CCRMA's servers.
>
>apt-get update
>apt-get dist-upgrade
>
>Do this in between the "install apt on your RH box" and "install Planet
>CCRMA magic kernel RPM package" steps.

yes, but i'm connected to CCRMA by a 56kB dialup, and using apt for
this is not really feasible ... i've collected all the pieces i need
for ardour step by step, and eventually i'll use a friend's cable
modem to get the ISO's.

>P.S. There's a new version of hdsploader (1.1) for that 0xb firmware
>HDSP.

its not 0xb firmware thats a problem, its hex 20 or dec 20 hardware
... the driver doesn't recognize it. as usual, RME did tell me they
were bringing out a new h/w version.

--p