[linux-audio-dev] Linux && dsp additions

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Tue Jun 17 11:43:01 UTC 2003

happyguy wrote:

> ... I'm guessing a Pulsar
> driver isn't forthcoming from Creamware.  Too bad, nice hardware with a
> fairly well developed platform.  Is there anyone with contacts inside
> Creamware that might be able to put me in touch with the right person to
> get something like this moving.  Their support group went as far as to
> pretend they've never heard of Linux upon contacting them... but my
> guess is that not everyone may be singing the same tune.

I decided to write to them myself, we'll see what they have to say.
Hopefully they've heard of Linux by now.

I wrote a carefully worded and encouraging message to their support
department. They are a successful company with a broad base of users, so
they are under no particular compulsion to pay any attention to Linux
audio people. However, I did mention that they do lose some sales in
this community, and perhaps they should consider the steady growth of
the community as something of a wake-up call.

I wonder: Does a company like that have to enter into any binding
agreements with Microsoft and/or Apple ? Creamware makes hardware, but
their drivers and other softwares are only available for Win/Mac
platforms, and so far they've shown no interest in sharing sources. Is
it in part because of any wedding to M$ and Apple ? Just wondering out
loud...

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips