[linux-audio-dev] recording, sample rate problem

Turos Laszlo laci at integrasoft.ro
Fri Mar 14 06:26:01 UTC 2003

Hi

I'm trying to write a soundrecorder application under linux.
I have Redhat 7.2 with kernel 2.4.
Playing sound on my soundcard works fine,but
I'm having problems recording.
I was using GNOME Sound recorder 1.2.3 to record sound but it seems
that it can only record sound at a 48000 Hz sampling rate,but playing back
the recorded sound it is a noise.

I wrote a little program myself and I reached the same conclusion that I
can not set other sampling rate than 48000.
My soundcard under Windows records good sound with other sampling
rates.

I have my soundcard on my VIA motherboard.

In my harware Browser looks like this:
Manufacturer: VIA Technologies
Driver:		via82cxxx_audio

Can anybody give me a hint?