[linux-audio-dev] SBLive again

Lukas Degener AFBLukas at gmx.de
Mon May 19 05:29:01 UTC 2003

Josh Green wrote:

>The symptoms of your problem remind me of what I experienced with full
>duplex operation on a SB Live (i.e., recording and playing back at the
>same time). Are you using it in full duplex mode? I seem to remember
>this having something to do with the record and playback buffers
>drifting out of sync. I'm not sure it was ever solved though. It was
>quite a while ago when I was playing with this stuff. Cheers.
>	Josh Green

I will try to disable full duplex and see what happens then.
If this actualy is the reason behind it, i will have to buy another
soundcard. :-(
Full duplex operation is required for most of the things i would like to do.
Maybe i should ask the guys at creative if they know another solution.

Anyway, thanks for the hint.

Regards,
Lukas