[linux-audio-dev] ANN: RTMix 0.75 released

Ivica Bukvic ico at fuse.net
Fri Nov 21 03:10:01 UTC 2003

Greetings!

It's my pleasure to announce immediate availability of RTMix version
0.75.

RTMix is an interactive multimedia art performance, composition, and
coaching interface capable of triggering various DSP applications and/or
processes concurrently, as well as offering a tight coordination between
computer(s) and live performers. It can also trigger real-time events
utilizing MIDI and OSC protocols, and can be in theory networked from a
single client with up to 1000 other RTMix clients (personally neither
have I had the opportunity to try this and besides the network latency
would probably get the best of it anyways).

For more info on what it is, what it does, and how it does it, please
see the online docs:

http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/RTMix-doc/

Changelog:

*Minor bug fixes in scripting language.
*Ability to connect directly to /dev/sequencer (needs to be tested --
any 	help in bug reporting is greatly appreciated!). This should
theoretically enable users to have theoretically infinite number of
MIDI devices hooked up to RTMix (using ALSA's aconnect).
*UI improvements (mostly "eye-candy").
*New LED icons for improved visibility.
*Improved functionality of the Console.
*Full documentation included in the distribution (just in case someone
missed this one from before :-).
*New application icons (16x16 to 192x192).
*Smaller tarball.
*This is the last version before the milestone 0.8 release with that
will 	sport a completely revamped UI and many new features.

RTMix has so far been featured at ICMC 2002 conference (Sweden), SEAMUS
2003 conference (US), in the "Organised Sound" magazine (December 2002),
and has been used in several of my works whose recordings are available
on my website. If you happened to use RTMix in your work, I would love
to hear in what ways you got to utilize its features, as well as how can
I make the application better. Thanks!

The tarball is available for immediate download from:

http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/rtmix-latest.tar.gz (4.07MB)

For more info, please visit my website and/or the online documentation
(provided above).

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, composer & multimedia sculptor
http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico