[linux-audio-dev] which API for best quality output

TORRI Vincent Vincent.Torri at math.u-bordeaux.fr
Sun Oct 12 06:38:01 UTC 2003

Hello,

 I am a newbie in the linux audio world and I have some stupid questions:

 I want to wrote an ogg player with great quality playback. I've already
look at some other linux players and I've search this mailing list to
find some answers. It seems that two APIs are interesting: ALSA and Jack.
But i have not find some comparisons between these (and others) APIs
concerning the output quality (regardless the sound card).

  Can someone give me some advice(s) about what API I should use
(comments, links, etc...) so that I could start working on it?

I would like to mention that I am not concerning about portability (only
linux platform) or easy programming, and I just want the best quality
output for this player.

I hope this is not the most stupid question of this mailing list :)

thank you

best regards

V.T.