[linux-audio-dev] how hard could this be?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Sep 15 10:55:01 UTC 2003

Hallo,
smoerk hat gesagt: // smoerk wrote:

> hallo frank,
>
> would be nice, if you could release your little hack. i'm looking more
> for a Wacom -> OpenSoundControl application, but everything that turns
> my wacom tablet into an audio controller  is nice...
>
> btw, what is the HID driver?

HID stands for "human interface device" and is part of the USB specs.
H.C. Steiner wrote a hid/event external for Pd, available on
pure-data.sf.net, that might fill your short term needs for a
Wacom-OSC bridge, as long as your Wacom is USB (set it up like
described here: http://www.daszler.de/linux/wacom_usb.html (german))

ciao