[linux-audio-dev] wcnt linear filters

James W. Morris sirrom75 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 12 19:31:48 UTC 2004

Hi

>From: Alexander Ehlert <alexander.ehlert at uni-tuebingen.de>
>
> > I've not had much chance to use ladspa.  I've compiled glame to use it's
> > filter network, but there seems to be inputs and outputs lacking,

(snip my own dumb-assed bullsh**!)

At the time I wrote that I was concentrating on coding and everything else
was put on hold.  I was so used to my own logic/methods that I expected
everything else to be the same.(!?)

>I browse through this mailing list rather seldom now due to lack of
>time. Glame does all the things, you didn't get done, so why don't you ask
>on the
>glame-users mailing list, or glame-devel mailing list? There's not much
>going on so we usually answer rather quick :-)
>Which glame version did you try?
>To read a stereo file you just open the read_file plugin from input.
>Then you add a reverb from the LADSPA section. And to connect them you
>simply left click into the right (blue) area of read_file a drag a
>connection to the plugin. For a second channel you just drag a second
>arrow to whatever other plugin. Really easy..
>
>Cheers, Alex

I know, I know - Now.  After leaving it so long I tried it out the other
night.  Yes it is easy.  Sorry.  I'm so used to installing software which
does n't work on my machine (especially QT stuff;) that I wrongly assumed
that was the case with Glame.  I's using glame-1.0.1.  and it works fine!

I was confused by some nodes like file-reader having only one unsplit box
for output even though it's (possibly) stereo, and other nodes having a
split box for outputs.

James.

~(sirromseventyfive)~