[linux-audio-dev] New LilyPond entry suggestion html snippet

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at chello.se
Mon Apr 12 19:58:59 UTC 2004

On mån, 2004-04-12 at 12:56, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Jens M. Andreasen writes:
-<snip>-
> > compacted:
> -<snipped as well>-

> FWIW, I hate to think that the lack of a good suggestion is the
> bottleneck (if so, I should have made a better one long ago).  Maybe I
> don't understand; do you also do content management for the
> linux-sound.org site?

No, I am not an editor for any site.

My humble suggestistion (for a release note) still lacks what I called
for in the first place:

 What is new and important?   Bugfixes?   Features?  The "catchline" so
to say, the line telling people that it might be worthwhile to update
their system.

What I did with your _summary_ of the project was an attempt to get a
better "flow" and perhaps adding a few keywords like "graphical" for an
unsuspecting audience. I am still not satisfied with what I wrote. It
lacks a sentence near the top indicating "custumor satisfaction"
combined with "developer dedication (for perfection?)"

> > The LilyPond score engine
>
> Please do not `compact' GNU away, esp. as the linux-sound.org page
> also lists shareware (and currently more favourable at that than
> LilyPond, btw.).

I deliberatedly "compacted" away GNU, because ..  ehrmm ..

To me GNU is not so very important. If it is to you, I will of course
respect that. It is a non problem.

We are watching  "Lilja Forever" on telly at the moment, but I will come
back to you a little later tonight ...

/jens

> Jan.

/jens