[linux-audio-dev] ANNOUNCE: cheesetracker 0.9.9 released

Juan Linietsky coding at reduz.com.ar
Sun Apr 25 13:16:39 UTC 2004

On Saturday 24 April 2004 12:09, james at dis-dot-dat.net wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Apr, 2004 at 03:51AM -0300, Juan Linietsky spake thus:
> > CheeseTracker is a mature,versatile and extremely full-featured
> > application that works as an all-in-one sequencer/sampler/sample
> > editor/fx processor. It allows for the creation of professional sounding
> > multitrack mixes. It includes examples and docummentation, as well as
> > on-line help.
> >
> > It can be obtained at http://cheesetronic.sf.net
> >
> > Sorry for the delay, even though this was ready some months ago, I didnt
> > have time to fix up a proper release..
>
> OK, had a chance to play with it now.   Couple of points:
>
> Thanks for making G work.
>
> Using shift-F6 seems to cause some juddering on the first pass through
> the pattern - I have a 3Ghz p4, so I doubt it's because of my
> hardware.

Weird, I'm not sure if I understand this. could you explain better?

> Any chance that pressing enter on a note will set the current
> instrument to the one unter the cursor?  St and IT used to do this,
> and it's really handy.

I think this is implemented already? but you had to press
enter on the instrument field.. or something like that..

> Finally, What do you mean by "doubled filter range?"  I assumed yuo
> meant the ZXX effect, but it doesn't seem to be double

yeah both ZXX and envelopes have twice as much cutoff range..
if you want to keep IT compatible, just use half of it, and will be
saved accordingly.

Cheers!

Juan Linietsky