[linux-audio-dev] Request to audio related LiveCD packagers

Andrea Glorioso andrea.glorioso at agnula.org
Wed Apr 28 18:47:43 UTC 2004

    > Hallo,
    > Paul Davis hat gesagt: // Paul Davis wrote:

    >> debian is about to exclude all "non-free" material from their
    >> distributions. this includes firmware, documentation et al.

    > Yes, but some of alsa-tools at least aren't "non-free" at all,
    > like env24control.

Wasn't  the  division    between alsa-tools  and    alsa-firmware done
explicitly  to allow distribution  of   alsa-tools for distros   which
prefer not to distribute alsa-firmware?

If A/DeMuDi  doesn't  have alsa-tools, that's   a bug that   should be
corrected.    I'm   putting  Free  Ekanayaka,   current  A/DeMuDi core
developer, on Cc: so  that  he takes note   of  the fact.  I seem   to
remember I had already opened a  bug for this, but  I'm currently on a
train (heading to Karlsruhe) and I can't check.

bye,

Andrea Glorioso                      andrea.glorioso at agnula.org
AGNULA Technical Manager                 http://www.agnula.org/
M: +39 333 820 5723                     F: +39 (0)51 930 31 133
      "Libre Audio, Libre Video, Libre Software: AGNULA"