[linux-audio-dev] Audio over ethernet (deja vu)

John Check j4strngs at bitless.net
Thu Dec 2 23:46:03 UTC 2004

On Thursday 02 December 2004 01:41 pm, Michael Ost wrote:
> (You are not seeing double. I posted twice: once for midi and once for
> audio.. %)
>
> Has anyone got working code that reads/writes audio over ethernet with a
> /dev or alsa interface? Even better would be a solution that has
> support on the MacOS and Windows side.

Define working. I have some code (not mine) implemented as a ladspa plugin
that streams audio over ethernet with low latency. I have to get around to
either fixing a sticky template or excising the corba related discovery code.
The original author sez broadcasting will work, but I was going to hard code
IP addies for testing.