[linux-audio-dev] Re: [ann] caps 0.2.0

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Wed Dec 8 12:45:46 UTC 2004

[Jens M Andreasen]
>P: That thunder rumble turned into a tin-can when I watched the show
>   at my mother-in-laws, how is that?

A lovely story. However ...

>E: (mumble, mumble) Ehrmm ... I started the widening you wanted with a
>   chorus/flanger, but before I had time to finish the job, we went
>   on ... So it wasn't "excactly" monocompatible. Chaining the Lexicon
>   in after made it even worse.

The reverb will produce the original stereo signal blended with a
stereo reverb tail of the mono mixdown, so if the signal feed isn't
mono compatible, the studio crew will notice the reverb tail sounding
tinny (and then decide if this is a problem at all). The reverb will
certainly not worsen the situation because it simply doesn't alter the
dry signal, mono-compatible or not.

Cheers, Tim