[linux-audio-dev] Re: Re: Re: rosegarden, alsa_seq and usx2y rawusb

Stefan Turner stefan_turner at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 20:11:02 UTC 2004

> Try using -p128 -n2, and tell us whether you can't
> notice any aural
> difference, let alone if you can ignore a XRUN storm
> =:)

Ok, if it can get 2x128 that's quite tempting: I'd
always assumed the crackling was a USB1 thing... I'd
be grateful if you could give me a little help with it
though please. I'm running PlanetCCRMA Fedora Core 1
at the moment. From your page I gather that I need
jack-0.99.35.3usx2y.tar.gz. Am I right in thinking
that the 'linux' section is kernel patches? Is there
no way I can use this with the CCRMA 2.4.26-1 kernel
(with low latency, givecaps, preempt etc)?

> ... the new hwdep pcm (aka "rawusb") interface
> available on the
> sand-usb-usx2y alsa kernel module.

Sorry I don't understand this at all. I can't find
anything about sand-usb-usx2y, but do you mean if I
installed latest alsa I could use sand-usb-usx2y in
place of snd-usb-audio in modules.conf?

Apologies for newbieness.

Stefan Turner