[linux-audio-dev] [Fwd: Graphical dataflow programs violate patents]

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at chello.se
Wed Dec 15 17:34:49 UTC 2004

On ons, 2004-12-15 at 10:39 -0500, Fred Gleason wrote:

> Not a patent on touchscreens, but on touchscreens, when used a certain way, by
> a certain industry, for a certain specific purpose.  DRECK!  Mares' nests,
> one and all.  Not that that stops any attorney -- straining at gnats and
> swallowing elephants is a required course at law school.

I find this passage especially depressing:

  "We pay a $300 fee for each touchscreen we sell," said Dave Scott,
  president of Scott Studios Corp. and its sister company, Computer
  Concepts Corp. "I also paid a $50,000 retroactive fee."

  Connell's lawyers contacted Scott Studios more than a year ago about
  the alleged patent infringement, Scott said. "Our equipment does not
  infringe upon the MDC patent, but we decided agreeing to the royalty
  fee was a less-expensive resolution. I still believe the patent is
  ^^^^^^^

--

   (
    )