[linux-audio-dev] [admin] user list is members-only....

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Sat Jan 17 14:16:13 UTC 2004

hello everyone!

there are a number of messages from LAD contributors who are not
subscribed to LAU in the LAU moderation queue.

my current policy is to reject them, which i hate to do, because they
are helpful replies with useful information.

the problem is:
i don't have the time to check whether the poster has re-sent them
already using another (subscribed) account, and if i just accept all
postings whose senders i recognize, there will be duplicate messages.

so please, LAD patrons: do subscribe to LAU. you can disable mail
delivery if you want to reduce the load on your inbox, but you will be
able to crosspost.

unfortunately, there is no feature in mailman to allow all LAD
subscribers to post to LAU, or i'd use it.

best,

jörn

--
"I never use EQ, never, never, never. I previously used to use mic
positioning but I've even given up on that too."

Jörn Nettingsmeier
Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)
http://www.linuxaudiodev.org (Linux Audio Developers)