[linux-audio-dev] Re: Project: modular synth editor

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Jan 17 14:32:05 UTC 2004

Hallo,
Steve Harris hat gesagt: // Steve Harris wrote:

> The [...] lack of skilled graphic designers with time to spare is a
> bit of a problem.

I'm not sure if that indeed is a problem. One thing I like in Pd and
similar systems including Gem is, that it allows users to create their
own GUI from very simple building blocks: a square, a line, a
circle...  You don't need graphic wizards to design a square. ;)

I'm thinking of things like this here:
http://www.crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/Pd_documentation/x2.htm#s9
where this GUI is explained:
http://www.crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/Pd_documentation/fig9.1.jpg

But I agree: this is highly experimental and probably not *that*
useful for a general modular editor.

ciao