[Jackit-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] New name for ladcca?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Jan 19 18:38:55 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 06:42:36PM +0100, martin rumori wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 05:27:10PM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
> > How about "Gaffer", both a reference to the tape beloved of all roadies
>
> isn't that thing spelled "gaffa"?  guess, there are both possibilities
> and nobody really knows...

according to webster's collegiate, "gaffer" (4th meaning) is a
lighting technician for film or TV.  IIRC "gaffer's tape" is named
after these guys. No definition listed for "gaffa" which I haven't
heard of before.

Back to the topic - so far, I like both Gaffer and LASH.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com