[Jackit-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] New name for ladcca?

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Mon Jan 19 19:57:51 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 18:38, Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 06:42:36PM +0100, martin rumori wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 05:27:10PM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
> > > How about "Gaffer", both a reference to the tape beloved of all roadies
> >
> > isn't that thing spelled "gaffa"?  guess, there are both possibilities
> > and nobody really knows...
>
> according to webster's collegiate, "gaffer" (4th meaning) is a
> lighting technician for film or TV.  IIRC "gaffer's tape" is named
> after these guys. No definition listed for "gaffa" which I haven't
> heard of before.
>
> Back to the topic - so far, I like both Gaffer and LASH.

I'm not sure I like gaffer, purely from an API prefix perspective :)
LASH and LACE I like, and I'm torn between the two; LACE is the quickest
to type, but LASH is much cooler.

Thanks for the excellent suggestions, everyone.

Bob

--
Bob Ham <rah at bash.sh>

"At some point, keystroke recorders got installed on several machines at
Valve. Our speculation is that these were done via a buffer overflow in
Outlook's preview pane." -- Gabe Newell on the Half-Life 2 source leak