[linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org

Andrea Glorioso andrea.glorioso at agnula.org
Wed Jan 21 18:54:59 UTC 2004

Dave Robillard <drobilla at connect.carleton.ca> writes:

> ?  Grow up.  I  mentioned a concern  about the list being closed and
> all of a sudden I'm being flamed and  made fun of?  (The first thing
> I ever said in  this discussion I might  add) Maybe if you're trying
> to 'represent'   people    you  should  adopt   a     mannerism  not
> characteristic of 14-year-old script kiddies.

Sigh.  I guess  next time I'll have  to add a  longer disclaimer.  For
the record, I  didn't mean to  take fun on  you.  I was trying (albeit
with poor results) to have some fun together (maybe <auto-ironic> is a
better tag, I don't know).

> The list was closed, it shouldn't have been closed,

That's  an opinion.  Given  that "the list"  was simply a group of Cc:
(turned into a list for purely practical reasons) I beg to disagree.

> now  it isn't, problem over.   Besides, if you  have  such a problem
> with openness maybe you shouldn't be trying to represent a community
> founded upon it.

I still don't    understand   how the Linuxaudio.org  consortium    is
represting anyone  but its members (as is  the case for all consortia,
which usually don't represent anyone but their own members).

> (For the record, I didn't used to think linuxaudio.org was a bad idea at
> all.  Now I'm not so sure.)

Simply because of my  bad sense of humour  (or  my lack of  expressive
capabilities,  partly  due  to  the   fact I'm not   a  native english
speaker)?  I'm quite sure there are plenty of factual reasons on which
to  base  one's own  judgement of the   Consortium, be it  positive or
negative.  Its activities could be a good start.

P.S.: maybe we could move this thread somewhere else.  I feel a bit OT
here.

bye,

andrea