[linux-audio-dev] Re: Prony algorithm?

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Sun Jul 11 09:20:08 UTC 2004

>From: Dr.Graef at t-online.de (Albert Graef)
>
>does anyone know a library (preferably C/C++, or anything that
>interfaces to it) which implements the Prony algorithm (a.k.a. least
>squares fitting of a sampled signal to a sum of damped sinusoids)?

I placed a couple of papers at
  ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/sci/audio/devel/dsp/

Please make the source code available (GPL or public domain
or equivalent). Do you need more papers?

I need a detailed spectrogram to Audacity. Audacity may now have
only FFT based linear scale spectrograms. I will draw manually the
pitch curves over the display. Instruments to be analysed are flutes,
violins and guitars. Both time and frequency accuracy should be good
when tracing the single pitch curve.

I will check more papers on the topic but I really would like to
see an overview of what techniques are available. Maybe a search in
the web helps.

Juhana