[linux-audio-dev] Re: Prony algorithm?

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Tue Jul 13 02:07:32 UTC 2004

Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> I placed a couple of papers at
>   ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/sci/audio/devel/dsp/

Thanks a lot, I'll have a look at that.

> Please make the source code available (GPL or public domain
> or equivalent). [...]

No problem there, I always publish my stuff under the GPL anyway.

> I will check more papers on the topic but I really would like to
> see an overview of what techniques are available. Maybe a search in
> the web helps.

We've already done a fairly extensive web search for literature and
links (mostly focused on automatic transcription, though), but I still
have to work through that. I'll make the results available if they turn
out to be useful.

It looks like Prony has been superseded by recent developments (last 10
years or so) which offer better efficiency and numerical stability.

BTW, as you're from Finland, maybe you know Anssi Klapuri from Tampere
University? He's been working on automatic transcription a while ago.

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikwissenschaft.uni-mainz.de/~ag